#DidYouKnow July is watercolour month?
Whilst instruments are frequently the subject of watercolour paintings, as with this one by Jenny Armitage, we think the backs of many of our instruments qualify as works of art in themselves. A case in point is the stunning almost purple feathering in the RSC and the seemingly seamless heartwood in the Busato Royale we had in the showroom for a few brief weeks.
Todays #WednesdayWisdom is about planning your purchases.
We know many of you like to give instruments as presents for special birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, or even retirement. We recently had a customer who had planned to purchase one of our Dupont guitars as a birthday present only to find that, when the time came, we had already sold it. Fortunately, we were able to get one from the luthier. However, had he not got one there would have been a three to four month wait for it to be made.
Because we tend to only keep one example of each model in stock it is worth contacting us in advance as we can hold the instrument for you for up to three months on payment of a deposit. This means we will take the instrument off sale, put it as out of stock on the website, and ready it for collection.
Alternatively, if you give us a minimum of four months notice, we can get the instrument made specifically for you. This also requires the payment of a deposit with the balance due on collection.
Finally, it’s worth taking a look at our anniversary offers as we are offering reductions on our in stock instruments at certain times of the year. If purchased as a present, we are happy to hold the instrument for you at no extra cost. After all, it’s a bit difficult to disguise a guitar – even in the wardrobe 😉
December is here and thoughts turn firmly to Christmas.
Here at Sandarac we know Christmas can be a stressful time so we’re doing a couple of little things that we hope will help:
- Evening and weekend appointments – we will try to be as flexible as possible with respect to arranging out of hours appointments for you to visit The Old Dairy to browse and try instruments.
- Holding Service – because we understand instruments are hard to hide we are, once again, offering our free holding service on all purchased instruments during the run up to Christmas.
- Expedited Delivery – our standard service is Royal Mail 1st Class signed for however, should you need something even quicker, give us a call and we’ll quote you for guaranteed next day delivery.
- Gift Boxes – to keep prices down many of our smaller items are supplied in either simple boxes or organza pouches however, as it’s Christmas, we know some of you may want to upgrade to one of our multipurpose quality leatherette presentation boxes. We’ve kept the upgrade price low for you at only £1. This option is already available on some items in our webshop and it should be available on the rest shortly. If it isn’t on the item you’re interested in just call us to arrange.
- Options to pay – unlike many companies these days we still charge no extra for using a credit card. We accept most major cards and cash payments in person (we regret that we are no longer able to accept cheques) and there is the additional option to use PayPal online.
We hope these little things will help make the run up to Christmas a bit easier for you.